How To Watch – Online Showtimes
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7+
- Intel-based Macs with OSX 10.12+
- iOS 12+
- Android 9+
- Chrome 77+
- Edge 84+
- Firefox 71+
- Safari 12.1+
- Chrome for android 78+
- Firefox for android 78+
- iOS safari 12+
Joining the Event
- Find the individual film/event page to buy or reserve a ticket.
- Click “Join Event” in your order confirmation email to enter the virtual screening room.
- Locate the access code in your confirmation email. You will be able to enter your code as early as 30 minutes before the start of the event. Plenty of time to prepare some popcorn!
Before You Watch
- Your access code can only be used one time, on one device in one browser.
- If you plan to cast the event to your TV, make sure you are on the same WiFi network as your TV for best results.
Enjoying the Event
- The event will start automatically.
- Since the event is being live streamed, you will not be able to rewind.
- You do not need to click or refresh anything throughout the viewing experience. Each part will play automatically, including the pre-show, screening, and/or post-show Q&A.
- Sit back and enjoy. You can watch it on your personal device, computer or on your TV.
Films of Remembrance FAQs
Q: When should I log on?
A: We highly recommend logging on 30 minutes in advance of the program so that you have plenty of time to make sure your stream is working, make yourself some popcorn, and get comfy!
Q: The movie won’t play! What should I do?
A: Here are a few first steps:
– Update your browser to the latest version.
– Free up some space on your device. Pictures and videos sometimes cause live streams to run too slowly on iPads and other mobile devices.
– Restart your machine.
– Check your home internet connection. Connecting through an ethernet cable is often faster than wifi.
– If you’re still having trouble, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Q: How many times can I use my personalized access code?
A: Your access code can only be used one time, on one device in one browser.
Q: What if I need to restart my computer or browser?
A: As long as you are using the same browser on the same device, you can still use the same code.
Q: Can I watch on my iPad?
A: We recommend using iOS 11.2 or newer. Older iPads may have some trouble.
Q: Can I watch this on my TV?
A: There are two methods for watching the event on your television: Google Chromecast and Apple AirPlay.
Chromecast If you have an external Google Chromecast set up with your TV or a TV with built-in Google Chromecast (TV’s listed here), open the online event link in Chrome and follow these steps to cast the webpage’s video experience to your TV.
Q: What if I join a live streamed program late?
A: You can join at any time. Note that this is a live event, so you will miss a portion of the program or film screening if you join late.
Q: Can I pause a live streamed program to run to the bathroom?
A: In theory, yes. You can pause the program, but when you hit play, the screening will not pick up where you left off. Since this is a live event, you will miss a portion of the program and jump back in at a later point.
Q: Will there be a Q&A with the filmmaker?
A: Both online screenings will include both the film screening and a Q&A, which will play automatically after a short intermission. We will record the Q&A discussions and share them later.
Q: I’m burning to ask the director this amazing question! Can I ask it?
A: For both online screenings that include a Q&A session, you will have the ability to submit questions to the moderator for consideration. Note that in the interest of time, moderators may not be able to include all submitted questions.
Q: Will programs be recorded and available to watch at a later time?
A: Live conversations and Q&A’s will be recorded and uploaded to the Nichi Bei Foundation’s YouTube channel afterwards.
Q: I’ve followed all of the steps and am still having issues accessing this program. Who can I contact for help?
A: Please reach out to email@example.com with specific questions. We’ll be monitoring this inbox leading up to and during the online programs. Please be patient and kind as we learn to navigate this process.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Given these unprecedented times, the Films of Remembrance and Nichi Bei Foundation team have been working hard to continue bringing stories on the wartime incarceration of Japanese Americans to light by finding new and creative ways to connect with our communities. Please remember that we’re all in this together and that we should all remember to be supportive and kind through these tough times.
The Nichi Bei Foundation does not tolerate discrimination or abusive treatment in any manner, including, but not limited to national origin, ethnicity, gender or gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ability or veteran status. Cause for removal from Nichi Bei Foundation events includes, but is not limited to verbal harassment, intimidation or threats, physical violence, stalking, and/or sexually explicit, suggestive, or provocative behavior. If a Films of Remembrance attendee violates this attendee policy, causes any disruption, and/or violates any other Nichi Bei Foundation rules or policies, then the Nichi Bei Foundation reserves the right to remove the attendee, and prohibit reentry at future events.
If attendees have concerns or issues about their safety, the decorum of other attendees, or other matters, then they should contact the Nichi Bei Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.